If you’ve just started using Pinterest daily and enjoy utilizing pins and boards to express yourself and find inspiration, you might want to change or update some of your account settings to ensure that what you’re putting out there is precisely what you want people to see!
We’ll teach you how to access and adjust your account settings step by step in this post, and we’ll go over each category of options in-depth so you know where to go based on which ones you want to modify.
How to Access Settings on Pinterest
- Go to Pinterest and sign in using your username and password.
- Access your personal page by clicking on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- To access your settings page, click the gear icon next to your name.
- Select a category and then click any toggle to enable or disable a feature.
Pinterest combines all of the options you may change into five categories: Account Basics, Profile, Notifications, Social Networks, and Apps, which are conveniently organized down the left-hand side of the page. To rapidly access an option, click on any of them.
How to Change Your Pinterest Username
It’s possible you were in a hurry pressured to “pin down” your Pinterest username when you initially signed up. You may have concluded that your name doesn’t fit you after exploring boards and making pin galleries.
You’re not shackled with Pinterest. On the site, you may change your name and return to the “point” of searching for new pins.
Pinterest may generate a one-of-a-kind web address for your account based on your username. ABC, for example, may have the username “ABC” and can be found at www.pinterest.com/ABC.
You can change your Pinterest username by following these steps:
- Log into your Pinterest account by opening the Pinterest app on your smartphone.
- To open your profile, tap your profile image in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- In the top-left corner, tap your profile image.
- In the top-right corner, press the nut icon, then Edit profile.
- Enter your new username in the Username field.
- Make use of the Done icon when finished.
How to Change Your Pinterest Account to Business
Log into your Pinterest account and then go to the Pinterest for Business area to convert your personal account to a business account.
There is a large red button there to change your existing personal account to a business account.
You’ll be led to a place where you may change your current Pinterest account details after clicking this button. You’ll need to choose your business type first.
You will then be able to add more information such as your contact name and business name, as well as to change your About information and website.
How to Change App Theme
To change the Pinterest app theme, update your Pinterest app to the latest version. Then:
- To access your profile, tap your profile in the lower right corner.
- Edit settings are where you’ll find it.
- Select your preferred option by tapping App Theme.
How to Change Email
To update your Pinterest email address, follow the instructions below.
- To begin, open your menu by clicking on Menu (three dots) at the top of Pinterest.
- After that, click Edit settings from the specified address.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, select Account Settings.
- In the Email Address area, type your new email address.
- After you’ve finished filling out the form, click Done.
The old email address will get a confirmation email from Pinterest. Before checking in with the new email, you must confirm the change from your prior one.
How to Update Permissions
Permissions are required to use the Pinterest app. Before the app can do anything, we’ll need you to allow it right after it’s installed. These permissions make it easier to utilize the Pinterest app.
The Pinterest app will have access to the following information, depending on the permission(s) you grant:
- Camera: This lets you snap a photo and save it to Pinterest, or use the Lens to find ideas inspired by anything you aim your camera at.
- Contact: This helps you come up with names or email addresses of people to whom you would want to send Pins or messages.
- Microphone: When creating Pins using your camera, you may utilize your microphone to capture sounds.
- Storage: This allows you to pin your photographs, save Pinterest images to your device, and allow us to cache data.
- Location: Pinterest will use your location to deliver a better experience by displaying you more relevant advertising.
To make Pinterest function well on your device you have to allow access to the above tools.
And there you have it: a brief instruction on how to update your Pinterest settings!
When you join up for a service, it’s usually a good idea to look through the default settings.
You could be shocked by what data a service considers suitable to disclose by default.
You should also be aware of whatever features of the service you may tailor to your preferences; this might enhance your experience on a website like Pinterest.